Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Changing Tactics

Man, it's been awhile.  I have to get better at this.  Since last we spoke, I have been a reading machine.  The last book I wrote about, way back when, was Storm of Swords, the third installment of the Song of Ice and Fire series.  Since that epic marathon read was complete, I switched back to my hero's work, Stephen King.  Strange hero, yes, but hey, the man knows how to spin a yarn.


Listed, in order of completion, are the books I have read over the past six or so weeks:

Rage, by Richard Bachman (AKA Stephen King)
Night Shift (Short Stories), by Stephen King
The Stand, Complete and Uncut, by Stephen King
The Long Walk, by Richard Bachman (AKA Stephen King)
The Dead Zone, by Stephen King
Firestarter, by Stephen King
Catching Fire, by Suzanne Collins

and currently 300 pages into World Without End, by Ken Follett


Yes, I know, I went on a bit of a Stephen King binge.  I decided one evening a few months back to read everything he's written in order that he wrote it.  But, I find there is only so many books by one author that a person can read in a row before that person needs a break.

So I decided to stop at Firestarter, because for me personally, that opened up a new chapter in the Stephen King lexicon.  What chapter could that be?  Well, Firestarter was the first book that Stephen King published after my birth.  I was born on September 3, 1980.  Firestarter was released in hardcover on September 29, 1980.

You might be wondering what the title of the blog is referring to.  Earlier today, I reintroduced myself to Goodreads.  Its a website focused on books, kind of like a Facebook for Readers.  It has been a solid two years since I really got on an explored the site, and I have to admit that it seems to have become a much better and easier site to navigate.  So I am making the decision to transfer all my book reviews to that site.  I will continue to blog about various things, for those that like to read the dribble of a young man with a little too much time on his hands.  Maybe I'll write about sports, or television reviews (though I don't tend to watch much television), or the nature of man.  Or maybe I'll write about my adventures in Genealogy.

So if you want to keep up with my book reviews, feel free to come on over to Goodreads and look for James Peavler.  If you like reading everything else that might go on in this brain of mine, stay here for any and all future installments.

No comments:

Post a Comment